March 06, 2013
The Bible is Trending
"#TheBible trended WORLDWIDE tonight!" That was the Tweet sent out from @bibleseries on Twitter Sunday night following the premier of the tv miniseries, The Bible, on the History Channel.
On Monday, they shared this article from The Washington Post:
‘The Bible’ trending after Sunday night History channel premiere
It’s not every day that the Bible is trending on Twitter and Google.
But it’s also not every day that a Hollywood power couple produces a 10-hour miniseries taking viewers from the Garden of Eden to the Book of Revelation, all in HD.
Reality TV producer Mark Burnett (of “Survivor” fame) and actress wife Roma Downey’s series, “The Bible,” premiered Sunday night on the History channel and took viewers from “In the beginning” to the Ten Commandments.
Said Burnett, whose hit shows include “Shark Tank” and “The Voice”: “It’s a really important series because the Bible is the book that changed the world.”
Combining celebrity starpower with the story of a savior born in a stable, CeeLo Green performed “Mary Did You Know” in a promotional video for the series published to YouTube in December. It’s been viewed nearly 3 million times. Click here to see the promotional video.
Photo from images.google.com.
Isaiah 55:8-11 (NLT)
8 “My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord.
“And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.
9 For just as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so my ways are higher than your ways
and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.
10 “The rain and snow come down from the heavens
and stay on the ground to water the earth.
They cause the grain to grow,
producing seed for the farmer
and bread for the hungry.
11 It is the same with my word.
I send it out, and it always produces fruit.
It will accomplish all I want it to,
and it will prosper everywhere I send it.
What does today’s God’s Story scripture teach us about God's Story?
Today's God's Story scripture reminds us that when God's Story, God's Word, goes out, in any way, that it will accomplish something and bear fruit. It is pretty amazing that the Bible was "trending" around the world on Sunday night and even into the week. But is it "trending" in my life? Is it in your life? Is it trending in the lives of our friends? Producers Mark Burnett and Roma Downey, along with the History Channel, have opened an incredible door for those who follow Jesus to share what the Bible means on a personal level. Let's not miss this opportunity.
How can I connect today’s story and God’s story to my life?
- Did you see the first episode of The Bible miniseries? Spend some time reading the written Word of God's Story each week between episodes.
- Are you on Twitter? Consider following @bibleseries to join the conversation.
- Ask God to reveal to you how you can use this opportunity to connect more of your friends to His Story.
How can I connect today’s story, God’s story and my story to others?
- Have you heard any of your friends talking about The Bible series? Find out who watched it and ask them what they thought.
- Ask some of your friends who watched it if they would be interested in reading some of The Bible each week between the episodes.
- Keep your ears open in the coming weeks for more conversations as The Bible series continues.